- Tributes & Testimonials
- Recent Updates
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
Article originally published by Castanet-
As a result of the successful 2016 Okanagan Fest of Ale Craft Beer and Cider Festival, the Okanagan Fest-of-Ale Society has donated $40,000 back to the community.
At a presentation held in Penticton, Oct. 13, the society's board of directors, event volunteers, sponsors and supporters gathered to celebrate the success of the 21st Annual Okanagan Fest of Ale.
“A great night was had by all at our volunteer appreciation and charity disbursement dinner last evening. This year $40,000 was given back to local charities and not for profit societies,” said incoming president John Cruickshank.
Grants were distributed to 13 local charitable organizations and representatives from each were invited to provide insight into their organizations' initiatives.
The Okanagan Fest of Ale is a two-day consumer beer and cider tasting held at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre in early April each year.
The event is managed by a volunteer board of directors and staffed primarily by volunteers, a set-up that makes giving back possible.
“A huge thank you to all the volunteers and sponsors who continue to support BC’s premiere craft beer festival,” said Cruickshank. “Be sure to mark your calendar for April 7 and 8, 2017 for the 22nd annual event."
The 2015-2016 recipients include the following:
- Agur Lake Camp Society
- Community Foundation of the South Okanagan - Okanagan Fest of Ale Legacy Fund
- Okanagan Boys and Girls Clubs
- Okanagan College Foundation Bursary
- Okanagan School of the Arts, Shatford Centre
- Okanagan Similkameen Neurological Society
- Pathways Addictions Resource Centre
- School District #67
- South Okanagan Similkameen Brain Injury Society
- South Okanagan Similkameen Medical Foundation
- South Okanagan Victim Assistance Society
- The Penticton Centre for Exceptional Learning
- The Summerland Cat Sanctuary (Critteraid)
Monthly meetings occur the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7 pm in the Angus Place Board room
Next Meeting Tuesday, January 17, 2017
9302 Angus Street, Summerland. Visitors are welcome.
Summerland Light Up
Fri, Nov 25 5:30 -- after dark
Drop by the office to say hi and enjoy a cup of something warm.
9913 Main St.
Summerland, BC V0H 1Z0
Mailing Address: PO box 1723
Open 10am to 2 pm Mon to Fri
(Closed Statutory Holidays)