Places around town
- Kettle Valley Steam Rail - Ride on the only preserved section of the Kettle Valley Railway line built between 1910 and 1915. Ten miles of beautiful vistas; from lush orchards and vineyards to a spectacular view of lake and land from the Trout Creek Bridge 238 ft above the canyon floor! The station and train cars are wheelchair accessible
- Nixdorf Classic Cars - The Okanagan's only Classic Car Showroom. To book your reservations, please contact Jim by e-mail, phone: (250) 494-4111 or mobile: (250) 462-4111. Open Every Day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. April 29th to October 15th. After October 15th, by appointment only.
- Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC - Some of the world's best freshwater fishing is right here in BC. Seasonally, we offer guided tours at our Abbotsford, Fort Steele, Summerland, Clearwater and Vanderhoof locations. Please contact us for more information and to organise a booking.
- Summerland Chamber of Commerce - markets the community of Summerland, BC and serves our membership through education, promotion and advocacy.
- Summerland Visitor Centre - provide a wide range of visitor services, helpful traveler information and literature.
- Summerland Museum - The Summerland Museum and Archives is a non-profit institution governed by the Summerland Museum and Archives Society. We exist to collect, preserve, research, interpret, and display objects that are historically significant to our community. See website for hours of operation.
- Summerland Arts - Summerland Community Arts Council is a volunteer-led organization dedicated to promoting and supporting creative pursuits for the citizens of Summerland.
- Ryga Arts Festival Society - The Ryga Festival Society is a registered charitable society. Our purposes are to advance the public’s appreciation of the arts by organizing and staging an annual arts and cultural festival in Summerland.
- Summerland Farmer's Market - in the heart of Summerland on Main Street from 9:00 to 1:00 on Sunday's.
- Bottleneck Drive - Experience Summerland’s Bottleneck Drive wineries, a unique group of award winning wineries. Once in Summerland, touring our wineries is easy, just follow a Bottle Neck Drive highway sign to the nearest winery.
- District of Summerland - Discover Summerland. Arts & Culture, Community Updates, Demographics, History, Library and Things To Do.
Other resources for accessibility
- Summerland Community Support - Offers programs such as recreation, arts and crafts classes, nutrition and fitness, life skills and recycling for people with developmental disabilities.
- CRIS (Community Recreational Initiatives Society) - A unique and powerful non-profit and charitable organization. Our dedicated volunteers utilize adaptive equipment to assist people with disabilities to experience nature and outdoor recreation.
- Accessible Okanagan - A peer based community of people living with physical challenges, their family members and healthcare professionals. We promote inclusion, optimism and comradery through exciting adaptive actives, events and peer support.
- Adaptive Travel - their mission is to provide relief to children and adults with physical and mental disabilities by developing and implementing outdoor recreation programs that promote independence, assist with integration, reduce isolation and improve the mental well-being of these individuals.
- Stand Up and Play - This foundation was formed to help wheelchair users and other people with impaired mobility have the opportunity to stand up and participate in sporting, artistic and other daily events.
- Access Revolution - promotes inclusive access to outdoor recreation for people of all abilities by providing adaptive equipment, opportunities, education and resources. We believe that everyone deserves the right to play outside!
- Community Living British Columbia - Funds supports and services through service agencies for adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia.
- University of British Columbia Okanagan Campus - A resource and service centre for students, faculty, and staff that ensures educational equity for those who have a disability, illness, or injury and experience barriers in an educational setting.
- Penticton & District Community Resources Society - Provides quality support and service to communities throughout the South Okanagan/Similkameen. From care for newborn babies to transportation to seniors, they serve over 600 individuals and their families every day.
- Canadian Association for Community Living - The CACL is a family-based association assisting people with intellectual disabilities and their families to lead the way in advancing inclusion in their own lives and in their communities.
- People in Motion - A local, (Kelowna, BC) volunteer driven, registered charitable organization. Our members consists of persons with a large range of disabilities both physical and sensory as well as seniors with special needs.
- Cerebral Palsy Association of British Columbia - The vision of the CPABC is to create a Life Without Limits for people with cerebral palsy. Check their website for information on the Campership Program, which financially assists individuals of all ages to attend a special needs camp of their choice in BC.
Please let us know if we can add to this list by contacting us here.